Monday, February 2, 2009

James and quantum entanglement theory

Scott:
I just read it. I think it's your best one so far

James:
Oooh-errr, that's a big call...

Even better than my one last year that used Tetris as the starting point for a flawless conciliation between relativity and quantum mechanics?

Scott:
That was good, but I did think you kind of got a bit lost trying to fit the duck into it.

James:
The duck is definitely an important part of the puzzle. One day I shall decipher his enigmatic role... one day, duck... one day...

Scott:
And then we shall have the James [surname] Theory of Quantum Duck Entanglement'?

James:
I hate it when my quanta get entangled with a duck...

Rebecca:
In the end, everything is chairs

James:
Are there ducks sitting on the chairs?

Even more interesting than quantum entanglement is cumquat entanglement.

It's based on the QM idea that unpopular fruit that lies unobserved in the supermarket bins for long enough will technically cease to exist.

Scott:
And if someone does eventually observe it it turns into a duck.

No comments: